30 January 2006

Duka


Hi all,

Here is the duka (store) that is about 2 minutes from the house. I go there to get water, soda, soap, toilet paper, and other random odds and ends like that. There are a few larger stores (but nothing like super target) to get things at, but they are further away and people do not really buy in bulk here. When we need something the kids or the house help just run to the duka. I like to go myself because the more I emerge from the house the more the novelty of seeing a mzungu wears off.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading about your adventure is sooooo much fun !! Glad you set this up.

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is that two minutes by automobile or foot? I didn't realize they used the Latin alphabet. Is that the only written form of their language?

9:46 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi :) It is two minutes by foot and yes it is the only written form of their language.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home