15 March 2006

Serengeti

Hello all
This will be my last update until I get back to the States. I spent the weekend in Serengeti. As you can see I saw many lions, four cheetah (yea!!!), and many other animals. On the way to Sasakwa (a hotel outside of the park) we almost ran over what was likely a mamba that reared up to about our eye level in the car as it twisted backwards to get out of our way. The Serengeti was more beautiful this time then my previous two visits, totally awe inspiring mostly just because it was so green (thanks to the rains that have come).

To get home hitch hiked a ride with a Safari driver, who ended up knowing Allen (my host father). Although I got to the airport (where you can catch rides easily) at 10 am, and although we left the airport at noon, I did not leave Serengeti until 4:30 pm. We had to wait for the guys at his camp to take down and load everything into the lori (sort of like a semi truck). The workers had been working in Serengeti for 3 months strait, without a break so who was I to complain about waiting for half a day. It made for a long day, but I did get home for free.

These last days have been/will be busy busy busy and emotional. I am very excited to be returning home, but will miss the family tremendously. They have been so nice and wonderful, I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to repay them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
The photos are marvelous; what an experience! Return well.
Love,
Dad

7:45 PM  
Blogger katie said...

awesome pictures- i can't wait to see the rest of them. I must say that i am happy to have you return- but i feel sad for you at the same time. Love you-
Katie

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap that is cool! when do you get to go back to TZ after you come home?? the little baby lions are adorable. -nicole

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen:
So glad you got to see your favorites, the cheetahs! Also happy you are coming home. Love the postcard.
Love
Dianne

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home